Translate emotions into written body language
Body language tells a story and body language is central to our writing. Sometimes, it's easier said than written. The cheat sheets below (www.writerswrite.co.nz) will help you show a character's state of mind. Obviously, a character may exhibit a number of these behaviours. For example, he may be shocked and angry, or shocked and happy. Use these combinations as needed.
The Top Five Tips For Using Body Language
- Use body language to add depth to dialogue.
- Use it because more than 50% of human communication is non-verbal.
- Use it to show how your character's emotions affect his or her actions.
- Use it to help you show rather than tell your reader everything.se it in moderation.
- Overused body language can slow your story down.